Friday, July 27, 2012

Rot and kingfisher disease

Chilling out, sitting on the shore of a small island, not very beachy, not built up, not too woodsy either. At least Prifs and Brittany B from college are there. A younger guy I hadn't met was with us too.

We asked him what his major was in college, and he said it was something technically useless that gave him a wide range of useless knowledge, like "The leading causes of death in humans are rot and kingfisher disease."

Since we asked, he explained that "kingfisher crabs" cause the disease, and they live in the forest. I mentioned that, though I had never seen a kingfisher crab in the forest, I had caught crayfish out of a creek once [yes, that happened in real life].

Also, I had caught some fish earlier way down the coast to our right (actually on a very close separate island, where apparently our academy-like monolithic dorms were located).

No comments:

Post a Comment