Friday, March 9, 2012

Bike ride through a crowd to the park

I went for a bike ride up towards the park near our house. There's usually not many people on the tar bike path that runs alongside the main road, but on this ride, traffic on the road was completely stopped, and a lot of people (college age and adults) were just sitting around on the path, some with bikes on the ground near them. Most were facing towards me as I came up the path, and though it looked like some important (planned or unplanned) event was going on, and some people looked eager to inform me about it, I just kept biking through and past them.

Later, I was coming out of the park, this time in my car. I was coming out of a parking lot towards a traffic signal to my left, and preparing to make a left turn. The traffic signal was a wire with two side-by-side single lights.

As I left the parking lot, the lights turned yellow, but I decided to dash out. Just before I crossed under the lights, the one on the left turned red. I was a little worried there might be oncoming traffic. Needless to say, I was a little startled when my alarm went off at that exact instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment