Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bedroom storm and big money

I found that there had been a storm in my bedroom (which may have been in an attic). Paper money was torn up and strewn around -- I noticed that a 2-dollar bill had been ripped in half, but only found one half of it behind my headboard. Then, next to it, I noticed half of a 1,000-dollar bill which I had forgotten I even had.

I found the other half, checked out the design -- Washington was in the upper left corner, someone else in the bottom right... anyway, the faces (and their associated dollar values) multiplied to 1,000. The portrait in the middle had a deep blue lustrous background.

I wondered if I could still spend the 1,000-dollar bill, if I taped it back together. Then I thought it would probably be better to deposit it at an ATM. I noticed, in the upper right, a very long series of numbers (probably at least 100 digits) that I suppose uniquely identified the bill.

I took some sort of action to deposit the money, and the ATM (or my computer, whatever I was using) replied that I would need to create 23 (or so) new "partitions" in my account to handle the new influx of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment