Tuesday, January 31, 2012

EDM clubbers and the pirate who can't spell

I went down into the woods near our old townhouse, entering down the hillside path near Bob's house. At the bottom of the slope, where the creek passes by, a large group of guys were having out, listening to electronic dance music. They were dressed for clubbing, I suppose.

At first I approached timidly, expecting for some reason that they would be hostile upon my intrusion. I sort of passed through, down to the left, then set about climbing some rocks over the creek to get a better perspective. A guy with short blond hair, pretty Scandinavian-looking, saw me and helped guide me in getting the right footholds to get up.

At the top of the rocks, maybe ten feet above the ground, I found what looked like a sliced-off section of a metal boat, with seating, so I sat there and watched the gathering. Somebody mentioned to me that this hunk of boat belonged to a guy nearby (sitting higher up on another raised hunk of something) who was kind of dressed for yachting -- I think he had a skipper hat and maybe an eyepatch. They noted that he lamented his inability to spell, due to being a pirate.

No comments:

Post a Comment